Ireland Government Scholarship 2022-2023 for international Students
International students can now apply for the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme 2022-2023, which would provide them with free tuition at Irish universities.
Every year, the Irish government provides all international students bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD level programs in Irish universities.
Ireland Government Scholarship Coverage and Benefits
Scholarships should be seen as extremely desirable and valuable additions to people’s lives and jobs in the future. As a result, the GOI-IES will be given to high caliber higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries; to study in Ireland for a period of one year
Benefits for the Higher Education sector
Ireland’s commitment to excellence in higher education offerings for both domestic and international students will be reflected in GOI-IES:
- for scholarships that will highlight Ireland’s strengths as a center of international education;
- to promote links with target markets globally;
- to strengthen the internationalization strategies of HEIs especially in the context of the system performance framework.
How to apply for the Ireland Government Scholarship?
Applicants must apply for admission to a relevant Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program provided by an approved Higher Education Institution (see Appendix 1), following the admission processes established by that HEI. At the time of application, applicants should have a conditional or final offer of admission to the HEI and will be required to produce a copy of the same. If an applicant receives more than one offer, he or she should submit separate applications for each course. Final offers are contingent on acceptance into the appropriate HEI. Prior to submitting an application to the HEA, applicants should contact the relevant institution directly.
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) manages the Ireland Scholarship scheme on behalf of the Department of Education and Skills. The HEA will award a set number of scholarships under the plan to successful applicants after a competitive procedure based on an annual request for proposals from individual applicants.
High-achieving students from non-EU/EEA countries will be awarded Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships to study full-time in Ireland for a year. The terms and conditions that will apply are as follows:
The HEA will provide a scholarship money of €10,000 to the student (via the HEI where the student is enrolled) for one academic year. This fund is intended to help students with their tuition and living expenses. The scholarship may be used for the following purposes:
- The final year of an undergraduate program;
- One year of a taught master’s degree program or;
- One year of a research program (i.e. one year of 2-year research masters or a 3-4-year Ph.D. program).
- The scholarship stipend will be transferred to the host higher education institution (HEI) of the successful student and forwarded by that HEI to the scholar in two payments of €5,000.
- The HEI will be required to give a FULL fee waiver to the student for the scholarship year (i.e. tuition fee and registration charge are waived). This is the minimum matching funding requirement that institutions will be
required to make to the scholarship scheme.
- it is expected that a total of 60 scholarships will be funded by the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships for the academic year 2022/2023.
- Applicants must have a domiciliary of origin1 not equal to the EU/EEA or Switzerland
- Scholarships may be approved for study across all disciplines, subject to the availability of places.
- Due to the very large number of Ireland Scholarship applications, it will not be possible to give feedback to unsuccessful candidates.