Five people, including a father, mother and three of their children have lost their lives after eating cassava flour fondly called Amala prepared at their family house in Usugnwe-Okaito, Okehi local government area, Kogi State.
Recall that months ago, Ebira Online Media had reported cases of cassava flour where 4 Lives was claimed in Osara Adavi LGA, Kogi State. Visit the news here.
According to reports, the three children died immediately after eating the Amala on Friday, shortly after, their mother died on Saturday, and the next day, Sunday, the Father also died.
The family hail from Omavi, Ohupe ward but are residing in Usugnwe-Okaito where they built their house.
Kogi central social media users have decried the rise in the recent occurence of such heart breaking and wicked incident as it could be recalled that such incident happened some years back in Okene Eba wiping a whole family and just recently in Ogaminana and Osara, another incident happened which were all traced to food poisoning.
As at the time of this report, no first hand information from the family as all informations gathered were from sources around the neighbourhood. No contact with the local government authorities yet.
Drop your comments down below, like it, share it and follow us formore updates.
Join Ebira Online Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stories and updates to your email inbox.