Okra soup is one among the nigerian easiest soups, its quick to prepare and it has lots of benefits in the body especially to a woman.
Okra is rich in magnesium, folate, fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins C, K1 and A. It may help support healthy pregnancy, heart health, blood sugar. it may even have anticancer properties.
In other to prepare the soup successfully, all you have to do is to cut the vegetables into your desired sizes or shapes and the soup will be ready in no time.
Ingredients for preparing Okra Soup
- Okra 200g
- Beef, goat meat or chicken
- Fish (Titus/mackerel, dry fish and stock fish)
- Prawns (optional)
- Pormor (cow skin optional)
- Red oil (palm oil) 2 cooking spoon
- Pepper (any kind)
- Onion (one medium size)
- Pumkin or spinach
- Salt and seasoning
Steps on how to prepare simple Okra Soup at home
- 30 minutes before preparation of soup, boil the fish, add boiling water to the stock fish with a pinch of salt and leave it to soak for some times.
- Grate or cut the okra into pieces. Note that, the tinnier the cut the more it will draw.
- If you prefer the pumkin, wash and cut into tiny pieces, for places you can only get spinach, defroze and cut into pieces.
- Ground the crayfish and pepper
- Add the beef, Cow skin, onion and the seasonings to the stockfish into a and cook for 10minutes till its done.
- In another pot, add a little water, pour the Okra, red oil, boiled fish, add seasoning to taste and cook for 2mins.
- Add the crayfish, pepper, the cooked meat, pormor and stockfish, and salt to taste. Then stir very well and cook for 2mins.
- Add in your vegetables and leave to cook for a minute. You don’t want the Okra and vegetables too cooked. That make a total of 5minutes and your soup is ready.
- You can serve with amala, fufu, pounded yam, semolina, or Eba (garri).
Thank you for following till the end, I hope that you find these piece useful and helpful. You can share your opinions in the comment section below.
Special Update Top 5 Realistic Ways to Make Money Online Click Here to see