The GSK Scholarships for the year 2023-2024 are now open for applications. These scholarships aim to strengthen African health systems, support health-related research, and nurture the next generation of global health leaders. Individuals interested in enrolling in the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine’s (LSHTM) one-year, full-time, face-to-face MSc program are eligible to apply for these highly competitive scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria for GSK Scholarships:
To be considered for the GSK scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a first degree equivalent to a first or upper second class and have an offer of admission for the 2023-24 academic year.
- Be citizens and residents of sub-Saharan African countries.
- Have the intention to return to sub-Saharan Africa after completing the MSc program at LSHTM.
- Demonstrate financial need by completing the Supplementary Questions Form, indicating an inability to finance the proposed course of study.
- Applicants who can demonstrate the potential to significantly contribute to public health or health-related research in Africa will be given preference.
Benefits of GSK Scholarships:
For the academic year 2023-2024, there are three scholarships available. Each scholarship will cover the following expenses:
- Tuition costs, including any mandatory fees.
- Field trip costs.
- A tax-free stipend of GBP 19,500.00 for living expenses.
Application Deadline for GSK Scholarships:
The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Application Process for GSK Scholarships:
The application process consists of two steps. To be eligible for the funding, applicants must fulfill all the eligibility requirements and complete the following procedures:
Step 1: Follow the instructions provided under the “How to Apply” section on the relevant program of study page to submit an application for the London-based MSc program for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Step 2: Complete an online scholarship application and select the “2023-24 GSK Scholarship for Future Health Leaders” from the dropdown menu. Along with this application, submit a completed Supplemental Questions Form specifically for this scholarship. In Step 2, only this attachment is required, as applicants should have already submitted references, transcripts, and a CV with their application for study.