Usman Okai Demands Accountability from Kogi Governor Over Alleged 20% Deduction From LG Staff Salaries


Advertisements
Usman Okai Demands Accountability from Kogi Governor Over Alleged 20% Deduction From LG Staff Salaries

Comrade Usman Okai Austin, a House of Representatives candidate for the Dekina/Bassa Federal Constituency in the 2023 general election, has called upon Governor Usman Ododo of Kogi State to address allegations of a 20% deduction from the salaries of local government (LG) staff in the state.

In a statement released in Abuja on Wednesday, Okai expressed grave concern over the purported salary deductions, emphasizing that such actions constitute a serious injustice that cannot be ignored. He urged the Governor to respond transparently to these allegations and take immediate corrective measures.

Highlighting the importance of accountability and transparency in governance, Okai stressed the collective responsibility of citizens to speak out against corruption and ensure that those in positions of authority are held accountable for their actions. He emphasized that issues of corruption transcend tribal affiliations and underscored the significance of prioritizing the welfare of all citizens, irrespective of ethnicity.

The statement underscored the severe implications of salary deductions for LG workers, emphasizing that such actions not only undermine their livelihoods but also infringe upon their rights as employees. Okai condemned the purported deductions as a breach of trust and called for fair and equitable management of public resources by the government.

Recent reports indicate that LG workers in Kogi State received 80% of their salaries for February, marking a slight improvement compared to previous months. However, concerns persist regarding the remaining 20% allegedly deducted from their salaries.

Okai’s call for accountability resonates with broader efforts to uphold transparency and fairness in governance, reflecting the imperative of ensuring the welfare and rights of all citizens.


Like it? Share with your friends!

What's Your Reaction?

OMG OMG
0
OMG
Cry Cry
0
Cry
LOVE LOVE
0
LOVE
LOL LOL
0
LOL
Medinat

I am a full-time blogger, an educationist and a digital marketer. I am the head of Editorial at Ebira Online Media.

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *