The former Lagos State Governor, Bola Tinubu will be announced the winner of the All Progressives Congress, APC, primary elections.
From our observation, the Asiwaju of Lagos garnered half of the total votes to beat his major opponents, the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, and the former Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi.
About 2,322 delegates from across the country had stormed the Eagles Square to elect the flag bearer of the party ahead of the 2023 general elections.
Out of 2322, only 2,203 delegates voted an APC flag bearer.
How delegates voted
- Bola Asiwaju Tinubu scored 1,271 votes
- David Umahi scored 38 votes
- Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima scored 4 votes
- Emeka Nwajiuba scored 1 vote
- Amaechi scored 316 votes
- Osinbajo scored 235 votes
- Rochas Okorocha scored zero votes
- Yahaya Bello scored 47 votes
- Christopher Onu scored 1 vote
Join Ebira Online Newsletter
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stories and updates to your email inbox.